Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival: My Blue and White Baby Quilt

Today I am submitting my latest quilt for the Bloggers Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. I am submitting this special quilt for the two color quilt category. It is simple, modern, and (I think) quite a lovely baby blanket.
I made this quilt for my cousin's first baby and his first picture was taken on top of my very special quilt. There is no greater honor. Here is the front, a very simple blue and white baby quilt in all solids using half square triangles.
Here is the back:
Here is what I wrote before I wrapped it up to give at one of my favorite people on earth's baby shower, my sweet cousin.

With each stitch, we prayed for your son. We prayed for his future, the man he will someday become, and for the family he will someday have. May he find comfort under the quilt, play happily on top of the quilt, and drag it around for years to come. We love you. 

 She seemed to really like the design. I'm so happy I was able to make this for her. She is such a wonderful Mom and this little boy is lucky to have her.


ENJOY THE BLOGGERS QUILT FESTIVAL!!!

9 comments:

Karen said...

A great quilt and I do like the colours. It is wonderful the way it can be used either side.

CitricSugar said...

Great colours! I love that the design is off-centre.

SarahZ said...

This is wonderful! Baby quilts for loved ones are so special!

grapes and hearts said...

Oh my, that first photo ever is soooo cute and a great way to honor your work. A beautiful quilt that will surely be loved for years to come.

Queenie Believe said...

This is an awesome double sided blue and white quilt! Wonderful bold graphic design for baby and ready-made highways for the driving of toy cars when he gets older.
Have a great day.
always, Queenie

Katherine said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and the striking simplicity of this design. What a precious photo of the adorable recipient on his gift.

Amanda @ BedTime Quilting said...

Wow! How fun! I'm definitely saving this idea. It turned out great. I love the soothing colors, too. This just got on my future projects list.:)

Clipping Path said...

nice quilt nice color
i love that.
Clipping Path

mcgeee1 said...

Just perfect! I love what Queenie Believe said about the toy cars. I absolutely adore what you wrote to your cousin!